As global concern about the COVID-19 outbreak grows, we’re doing our best to keep everyone healthy and safe in the workplace while also minimizing the disruptions to our day-to-day operations. We’re closely monitoring the situation and know that misinformation and fear can spread more virulently than the virus itself, so we appreciate the practical approach you have taken this past week and look forward to your continued support over the coming weeks as infections begin to plateau and decrease. I know we all agree that protecting ourselves and each other is a personal responsibility that we must take seriously and understand that the most important thing we can do is limit contact with groups in public venues. This is increasingly important as it minimizes greatly our exposure to others who may not be taking the same level of precaution as you and your fellow employees.
With the above in mind, we want to take a moment to share the ways we can all help keep the workplace safe. Since the virus is contagious, it’s important to:
- Take a moment to thoroughly wipe down high touch areas at least once each day. Keyboard, mouse, headset, drawer handles, door handles, hand rests, etc.
- Please use hand sanitizer prior to fingerprinting in and out.
- Stay home if you are sick – If you experience flu-like symptoms please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you have a fever over 100 degrees, please stay home and contact the Methodist Coronavirus Hotline at 402-815-7425. We have the means to check your temperature here in the office if you don’t have a thermometer at home.
- Stay home if you’ve had contact directly or indirectly with an infected person.
- Be cognizant of where you go and what you do when you are outside of the office. We are all responsible for the safety and well-being of each other in the office.
Refresh ourselves on proper cough and sneeze hygiene
- Cover your nose or mouth with a tissue or your elbow — not your hand — and discard the tissue immediately after.
- Wash your hands regularly – Proper hand washing remains the best way to prevent transmission of the virus. Wash your hands after using the restroom, touching your face, eating, drinking, coughing, or sneezing, and at regular intervals throughout the day. Use warm soapy water and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, or the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice. Alternatively, alcohol-based hand sanitizer is effective as well.
- Be especially careful to avoid touching your face.
- Rely on virtual communication when possible.
- To cut down on human-to-human contact, please cancel in-person meetings and communicate via videoconferencing or phone calls when possible.
In turn, the measures we’re taking as a company are:
- Keep you abreast of key developments locally, with our carrier partners and in office etc.
- We have authorized our janitorial service to increase the intensity of our cleaning service.
- Develop contingency communication plans should it become prudent to consider work in place options.
- We’ll ensure the workplace has ample sanitizer wipes and encourage your fellow team members to regularly wipe down their workstations, copiers and all-use areas.
- We are currently cancelling any staff meetings, that includes All-staff Tuesday meetings and any other staff meetings you hold during the week.
- We are prohibiting any outside visitors into our office until further notice.
CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION GUIDELINES
Click here for the latest updates from the CDC about the Coronavirus.
IAMS, Inc. Phone number: 1-800-255-5055
Fax number: 1-402-330-7296
Stay informed. To learn more about the Coronavirus, visit the CDC’s FAQ Page. Visit the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s page to learn about the development and approval of treatments for Coronavirus.
CORONAVIRUS ONLINE RESOURCES
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- United States Food & Drug Administration
- What to do if you are sick with Coronavirus?
- United States Department of Labor – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Thank you for your patience and calm throughout these unusual circumstances, we appreciate your dedication to our customers and your fellow employees! As always, we continue to evaluate the situation with the goal of meeting the needs of our customers while keeping the health and well-being of each of you front and center.
WE’RE PROCESSING YOUR ANNUITY & LIFE BUSINESS WITHOUT INTERRUPTION
Many of our staff members have successfully transitioned to working remotely and we’ve continued operating under our normal business practices. These are some tips that will help expedite the processing of your annuity & life applications:
Annuity New Business Processing
- Annuity applications with or without checks can be scanned and emailed to our dedicated email inbox: email@example.com. This will ensure prompt and expeditious review of your annuity applications. We’ll review for completion and advise of any necessary corrections needed prior to submission. Checks with applications: we will review, advise of any needed corrections, and provide you with the carrier’s mailing address so the application and check can be sent directly to the carrier.
- E-applications can be completed through Firelight on our website. The Firelight e-application platform is a quick and easy way to complete applications and capture signature electronically. E-applications allow you to write business without meeting face-to-face.
- Applications can be uploaded securely on our website. This option is a great way to ensure we received your application. Login to our website, hover over Products, select Annuity, scroll down and click the box labeled Application Upload. Next you will want to select Choose from computer and select the file you wish to upload.
Life New Business Processing
- E-applications can be completed through iGo on our website. The iGo e-application platform is a quick and easy way to complete applications and capture signatures electronically. E-applications allow you to write business without meeting face-to-face.
- Applications can be uploaded securely on our website. This option is a great way to ensure we received your application. Login to our website, hover over Products, select Life, scroll down and click the first box which is Application Upload. Next you will want to select Choose from computer and select the file you wish to upload.
- Applications with or without checks can be scanned and emailed to: Life@iamsinc.com. We’ll review for completion and advise of any necessary corrections needed. Checks with applications: we will review, advise of any needed corrections, and finally give you the green light to mail the application and check directly to the carrier. We will provide you the necessary information needed to mail the application and check directly to the carrier.