This is the time of year when most entrepreneurs are fully engaged in holiday marketing campaigns. The next few weeks will see businesses hitching themselves onto Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other year-end sales wagons. However, there is another, often-overlooked event coming up that is also worthy of your attention – Small Business Saturday.
The locally-focused alternative to Black Friday, Small Business Saturday is an annual event held on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The aim of Small Business Saturday is to drive holiday shoppers to local retailers. However, there also are ways for producers to take advantage of Small Business Saturday.
Small Business Saturday Marketing Tips
During the weeks leading up to Small Business Saturday, reach out to a few local businesses about cross-promotional opportunities:
- Leave business cards, pens, and other promotional materials that local shops can offer customers or include with online orders.
- Share each other’s social media posts and pages. Relevant hashtags include #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSat.
- Add a local business directory to your website and share it on social media.
Don’t limit your partners to retailers. Engage with service providers and other non-retail businesses.
- Cafes and coffee shops
- Home improvement and remodeling contractors
- Auto repair shops
SBS and Your Community
Small Business Saturday has traditionally been a community-wide event, often featuring sidewalk sales and family-friendly activities. Going from a lengthy pandemic to record inflation, many small and locally owned businesses are barely treading water. As a financial professional and business owner, you are in a great position to help.
Reach out to your local Chamber of Commerce and area business owners to see what you can do. Even simple cross-promotional activities are good for lead generation. Your involvement will show business owners that you have a vested interest in the community. This can go a long way toward building solid B2B relationships.
Is It That Time Already?
It’s hard to believe that 2022 is almost over! To help you finish the year strong and reach new heights in 2023, IAMS has prepared a complimentary Year-End Planning Sales Package. This package includes the following:
New Year Revitalization Guide
- Learn how to properly evaluate your year, how to create an effective marketing plan, why production isn’t the only indicator for success and more.
Consumer-Facing Year-End Financial Planning Checklist
- Capture a wealth of revealing details from your prospects and clients to identify their planning needs.
Policy Review Kit
- Effective tools to engage concerned clients and prospects – policy reviews are typically low-cost, low-effort, and can be conducted virtually anywhere.
Click below or call (800)255-5055 to request your kit today!